iPhone 5 Back Protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by samsf91, Sep 22, 2012.

1. samsf91 macrumors newbie

Hey, anyone know of any front/back protectors combo that are out on the market so far?

I was thinking about using a bumper and Pure™ Glass ScreenGuardz for the front. Need something to protector the back from scratches.

Thanks in advance!

2. ejisfun macrumors regular

Wrapsol has come out with their front and back protectors, I have a back one coming in the mail (using spigen sgp for screen protector).

3. samsf91 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

bodyguardz has the back and sides only protectors - i got that instead with their coupon 50% off codes too :D

5. blairs1 macrumors member

is the Wrapsol one piece, or 3 pieces like the Body Guardz?

6. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I just came home a few hours ago from having a Wrapsol Ultra front and back installed on my iPhone 5. The film is pretty good, I like it. And they had a sale at the mall for the launch weekend where a front & back shield was only $20 instead of $30.

7. blairs1 macrumors member

do you have any pics of the Wrapsol on the device?

8. flwave macrumors newbie

Does the Wrapsol film allow for a case or is it too thick?

9. samsf91 thread starter macrumors newbie

looks like one piece, i went with the body guardz cause there's a code going around right now for 50% off.

10. bobright macrumors 601

I got a skinomi for the back and sides for like 4 bucks total and a SGP Crystal for the front for like 14......all in all 18 bucks for full protection :)

Now the tough part finding a case that'll fit

11. App King macrumors member

12. AFDoc, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

AFDoc macrumors 68030

www.theluckylabs.com is where I go for my side/back coverage needs. I ordered the faux black CF back until they make the real deal for the 5. I originally bought the black 5 but decided to pick up a white one r/ ano issue will go to a silver CF when it's available. Had a buy 2 get one free deal with code "iphone5", not sure if it's still valid or not.

13. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I would say it may be a tad too thick. The shield is quite a bit thinner than it's 4/4S counterpart though!

14. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

I'm holding out for SGP to release their Neo Hybrid EX case it comes with a back protector, if they don't sell it on it's own I will purchase the case just for the protector, hate the apple logo being exposed :/

15. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Wrapsol will replace for free for life!

the good thing about wrapsol is that they will replace it for life.

If it is wearing out, turning a color, or peeling, send a picture and its all done electronically, no questions asked! you pay for shipping 6 bucks. a bargain and I have replaced Ipad and iphone skins many times. great company.
    has a much better feel to it than the zagg which I find sticky. dont know about bodyguardz but I really hate that cheap sticky skin feel. I always use wrapsol on back, it has a nice smooth feel to it. Usually use powersupport on the front but have used spg.

4s was 3 pieces for back, dont know about 5. I ordered one right away.
    anyway the lifetime thing always brings me back for another sale because I always know I am going to end up replacing it down the line!

16. tellemfred macrumors member

I used a case for my 3G, 3GS and 4, but I really want to just have a back protector film to avoid scratches on my 5. For once I'd like to just enjoy the phone as it's meant to be instead of hiding it in the case. This thread has been helpful, I look forward to reading more reviews and seeing pics.

17. Lizzie. macrumors member

Lizzie.

Thanks for the great idea! I have used and love SGP/Spigen's Screen and Body Protector Set Steinheil EX Series, but they said they may not release one for the iPhone 5 anytime soon. :( Buying the case for the back protector is a great idea and then I'll simply purchase one of their screen protectors to recreate the combo.

18. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

That's exactly what I am doing, unfortunately there is no release date yet for the case, but I have e-mailed and am awaiting a response :) Will quote you again If I hear anything.

19. Lizzie. macrumors member

Lizzie.

Sounds great! Thanks. Hopefully it's released quickly; I rather not purchase a thicker back film.

20. Iceage macrumors 6502

Best Skins Ever. I have one on my iPad and love it. Just ordered the iPhone 5 version for $8.

21. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

No Problem at all. Yeah I know what you mean, Praying they release it next week that would be perfect.

22. v3rn macrumors regular

Any word on a thin back protector yet that will work with cases? Looking for a dry protector that will protect the back and allow me to install a fitted case. If I have to, I might just take an old screen protector and cut out a piece to protect the Apple logo which is exposed in the case.

23. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

got the wrapsol today some problems!

got my wrapsol today. back went on like a charm but the front gave me some problems and under closer scrutiny it looks like a bad cut on the front. I tried several times to get it aligned up top but the opening does not compensate for the small sensor on the right of the lens. slightly covering it. pissed me off a bit because it took me well over an hour to get it on at least some what correctly at least until I can contact them and have a new one sent.

As I said they are good about returns and I do not think I will have any issues.

I actually like the back better than the front any way and may get the power support when it comes out. The wrapsol seems a little different than what I remember, its more sticky like the other ones Zagg in particular, which I hate. Power Support has that nice glare protection and does not have same feeling.

24. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

Hey just quoting to update you.
    They released the vivid yellow today, heres the amazon link because there doesn't seem to be a purchase button on their site. Comes with a front and back protector!

http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-SGP-Protection-Steinheil-International/dp/B009GJV8H0/ref=sr_1_1?m=A2SFKRF5TPZMT5&ie=UTF8&qid=1348678444&sr=1-1&keywords=SPIGEN+SGP+iPhone+5+Case+Bumper+Protection+Cover+%5BNeo+Hybird+EX%5D