iPhone 5 backup phone if u need one

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msarway, Oct 12, 2012.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

I love my iPhone 5 and I just wanted to ask if you had to get a 2nd phone as a backup or make one for business and 1 for personal which phone would buy it does not matter what service I am just curious at what you all would be your 2nd option would be

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Another iPhone 5.

3. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

4. Timster83 macrumors member

Assuming the second phone had to be something other than an iPhone - I'd choose a basic dumb phone (probably a Nokia) as my backup.

Sounds weird, but there is a logic to this. I have an Android and Windows Phone, both of which I use for development purposes and between selling my 4S and getting my 5, I had to use one of them for a week.

I gave up on the Android phone (ZTE Blade) after the first day as it was so slow and not user friendly. I used the HTC Mozart (WP7) for the remainder of the week and I hated the experience - I hated the browser, the apps, the soft-keyboard, and even the alarm clock's snooze button.

So I'd rather have a basic phone as a backup to prevent any temptation to use a device I'd be frustrated with. :D

5. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

When i was working and in business, I only carried one phone. Personally, I didn't see the need for 2 phones.

Currently, as a back up phone, my well used iP2g sits in the shadows. As much as I am enjoying my iP5, spending the monies and having a second one sitting in back up makes no sense to me. If and when I needed to replace my current iP5, I would simply purchase a new iP5 or whatever the current model might be at that time.

6. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

7. msarway thread starter macrumors 6502

msarway