iPhone 5 battery 75% total capacity

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LtRoyalShrimp, May 21, 2014.

1. LtRoyalShrimp macrumors member

LtRoyalShrimp

Hi Guys,

I recently noticed that my battery would drain very quickly throughout the day and would not last the whole day.

Went to Apple, and the tech did a full analyses. Turns out my phone only has 75%(!) of its TOTAL battery capacity left. Thats seems to me like its a fluke and something that should be replaced, however, the Apple tech told me its going to be $80 dollars. I didnt do it of course, since i'm waiting for the iPhone 6 and its only a couple months now.

Im wondering, does that sound normal? Should I have pressured to see if I could have gotten a free replacement?

2. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Apple has become a lot more strict these days with battery issues. You are unlikely to see any free replacements outside of warranty.

3. magilla macrumors regular

How old is/was the phone? How many charge cycles did you put it through? When you first got it, did you "form" it fully (take the initial charge & let it drain down completely until dead then re-charge it fully) or did you just start using it straight from the get-go? All of these, especially the last, contributes to shortened battery life/capacity.