iPhone 5 battery case question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by UnluckyXIII, Feb 20, 2014.

1. UnluckyXIII macrumors 6502

Hey,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm looking to get a battery case for my iPhone 5 but I'm having trouble finding one that has a lightening connector as it's charge connection. Is anyone able to help me in my search?

XIII

2. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Pretty sure that doesn't exist. Most (if not all) use micro usb.

3. UnluckyXIII thread starter macrumors 6502

Doesn't that seem a little silly though since all accessories and charging use the lightening connector... I don't want to have to remove my case every time I want to use/charge my iPhone :(

XIII

4. psywzrd macrumors 68030

You don't have to remove the phone to use or charge the case. You can charge it using the micro usb cable.

5. UnluckyXIII thread starter macrumors 6502

My charging dock and car are both lightening connectors so it would mean removing the case to use either and to charge it :(

XIII

6. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Ah - gotcha. I know it doesn't make sense but the battery cases just don't come with lightning connectors. I would guess it's a licensing issue but I can't be sure.

7. m3nphls macrumors member

Battery cases are a waste and overprice. I prefer a 12k mah battery pack and it charges my phone more times.

8. psywzrd macrumors 68030

They may be a waste for you but they make perfect sense to me and many others. To each his own.

9. UnluckyXIII thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't really want to be taking an additional battery kit with me, the reason I was wanting a case is because it's more practical and 99% of the time I'm able to mains charge my phone on an evening. I just needed something so it could make it through a day without having to worry about when/what I use my phone for and then there's always them times when we end up not going home on a night out and don't have a charger, resulting in no phone battery when you wake up :(

----------

I wouldn't say they are over priced, some on eBay start from less then £10!

XIII

10. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

There is no apple certfifed battery case that uses a female lighting port to charge the actual battery case. Most, if no all, battery cases use a micro usb cable to charge pc those cables are very cheap. I recommend (all use micro usb to charge):

ibattz Mojo Refuel 2200 Charger Case for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - Black
    http://amzn.com/B00D5TJ1V2
    uNu Power DX External Protective Battery Case for iPhone 5s / iPhone 5 - MFI Apple Certified (Matte Black, Fits All Models iPhone 5S & iPhone 5)
    http://amzn.com/B00B1UQBGA
    Phone Suit Elite 2100 mAh Battery and Case for iPhone 5
    http://amzn.com/B00EUUDULM