iPhone 5 Battery Cases that add WIDTH/DEPTH and not HEIGHT

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Marbles1, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Marbles1 macrumors member

Does anyone know of a battery case for the iPhone 5 that adds width/depth rather than height to the already comically long iPhone?

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

The only way a case wont add height is if it has no top nor bottom, only a back and sides. How would such a case even stay on the iPhone5?

I am not aware of any case like this.

3. Marbles1 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry perhaps I should be clearer- most of them seem to have extra chunky bits on the bottom - I'd want this to be minimised as much as possible; have the lightning connector come out and immediately turn right angles on the bottom of the phone. Have the batteries take up space around the side of the phone and maybe on the back.

I guess there's nothing like that or they are already adding as little height as possible?

4. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

This is what you're looking for.

http://www.i-blason.com/powerglider-slim-fit-rechargeable-battery-case-for-iphone-5-lightning.html

But of course the reviews are mostly negative. Also the lightning connector probably wasn't approved by Apple.

5. TC25 macrumors 68020

IMO, they are already adding as little height as possible. They need to add electronics at the bottom to connect via the lightening port and they add as little at the top as possible.