Iphone 5 battery consumption

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pdacrazy, Jan 18, 2014.

1. pdacrazy macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I purchased my iphone 5 around 4 months back. Until last month my full charged battery was normally covering 2 days but since last 3 weeks my battery is draining fast and I need to charge it daily. I installed few apps in last few weeks and I am not sure if any of new app draining my battery

Is there any way I can identify the culprit app or reason for this much battery consumption

Thanks

2. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

it really seems like people are having trouble with their iphone 5...is it ios 7

i would talk to apple.

3. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

It's iOS, on beta 3 my battery life has improved a lot over 7.0.4

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I would do a fresh restore and ensure that you do not restore from a backup. Granted 7.0.4 battery life is acceptable on my 5S, 7.1 beta 3 runs circles around it in the performance and battery department.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

There are system monitor apps that will let you see what's driving the CPU or you can take a peek in xcode. Start with a simple reset to kill all the processes. There's a chance it will happen again but often not.

6. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

Its probably ios 7. My battery now sucks due to ios 7 and LTE making it into my area. Barely make it 12 hours on my 5s