iPhone 5 battery life on latest iOS 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tritons, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Tritons macrumors 6502

Hi
    I have iPhone for only three weeks. And Battery life seems quite bad. Right now I'm at 22% and I have used it just a bit less then 4 hours (attached screen shot of usage). In that time My wifi have been turned off, 3G on, and I have done some texting, emailing, browsing and about 20min of Tample Run gameplay. I just cant last full day with it. Is it somekind of damaged battery or is it normal?
    And how much usage do you usually get out of your device.

p.s - lost 2% and I am at 20% right when I finished this.

Attached Files:

2. jer04 macrumors regular

jer04

Mostly web browsing, YouTube and played temple run 2 for about 30min. The battery life has been improved ever since I uninstalled Facebook and Facebook messenger.

Attached Files:

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

If you're actively browsing, playing videos using a internet connection and an hour of a game like temple run I'm not that surprised on the battery usage.

4. hafr macrumors 68030

Kill the apps after you use them, some apps do drain the battery (those who say you never have to kill apps because they're not running in the background are simply wrong - it's a general rule, not always true). But five hours of on screen usage on 3G is perfectly normal.

5. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

I had been having bad battery life (around 4-5 hours usage)

I then removed the GMAIL Exchange account and changed it over the native Mail app gmail setting (I.e. no push)

Now I'm at 6 hours with 22% left. Coincidence?

6. jer04 macrumors regular

jer04

Yea I'm pretty happy about the battery life. Before I uninstalled Facebook, the phone would die by 7pm (unplugged at 7am) without being used too much and on flight mode for 2-3 hours.

7. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

If you use the Facebook app or Facebook Messenger app close it when you're done with it, it helps a lot in regards to battery life.

8. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Facebook is a battery killer. I turned off all the notifications I don't need and I can go three days of moderate usage without charging.

9. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I've had my iPhone 5 for about a month. It takes me about 11 hours to get to 50%, but I am not a heavy user.

I check email and Facebook maybe once an hour, and write short messages. I do read news, check weather, and play Bad Pigs. I have location services off and most notifications disabled. I hardly ever browse the web or YouTube.

I think notifications and GPS are power hogs.

10. APLUIS macrumors newbie

so its better to use the gmail app than the iphone mail app?

11. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

I removed the gmail official app.

I also removed gmail (Exchange setup ,which supports push) from The Mail app. It was working but they are phasing out exchange so maybe it's buggy now!?

The exchange account also had my contacts/calendar.

What I have now is Gmail setup using the Gmail option in the Mail app. ( Doesn't support push)

Google calendar is setup using calDav option
    Google contacts setup using CardDav option

I've gone from 4 hours to 8/9 for three days running now