iPhone 5 Battery - New or Refurb?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cocogabrielle, Oct 12, 2013.

1. cocogabrielle macrumors newbie

I've had issues with my battery for a while now and the Apple store gave me another battery by using the one time exception rule.

Is this a new battery or a refurbished one?

I noticed after they installed the new battery it was only at 54% and within 5 mins it decreased by 2% without even touching it.

So i'm a bit hesitant about whether they gave me a new battery or not, they claimed that they did.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple doesn't use refurbished batteries as replacements; only new ones. If you mean it only had a 54% charge, that's quite normal. They don't fully charge batteries before selling them. How quickly a battery drains is a factor of your device settings and what's running.

3. cocogabrielle thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the clarification -- i've turned off every app that could kill my battery and will monitor it as they said I have a 90 day warranty for this battery.

4. Brian Y macrumors 68040

They're new batteries, and can come with anything from 5% to 95%. Just charge it up to full, and treat it like any other new device.