iPhone 5 battery on iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by XeroAllusion, Sep 24, 2014.

1. XeroAllusion macrumors member

My iPhone 5 is acting very sporadically in terms of battery. Yesterday, I enabled iCloud photo library on both my iPhone 5 and iPad mini retina, I noticed then that the changes I made to photos on my iPhone weren't syncing with the iPad mini and vice versa. So, then I tried disabling it and reenabling it, then it worked for a little while(changes were actually syncing), but then it did the same thing again. I know it's a beta, so I left it enabled and let it go for now, then I decided to charge both my iPhone and iPad for the day. After they were at 100%, I unplugged them and left them on my desk. An hour and a half passed by, so I checked both of them and my iPhone was at 93% and the iPad was at 95%. I looked at both of the battery usages and the usage and standby times were the same, plus it said that 25% of the usage was from photos app background activity, so it is safe to assume that there is some iCloud photo library bug that puts the devices in an unlocked loop. Since then, I have disabled icloud photo library, but my iPhone 5 battery is still pretty bad(I lost 5% while typing this), my iPad battery is incredible however. What is going with iOS 8 and iPhone 5? I use the phone for 3 minutes and it loses 1% and when it's in my pocket for 2 hours, I lose 6% for no reason. I am using iOS 8 GM and have all battery draining features off(background refresh minimal, location services minimal, brightness low, push mail off, airplane mode on). Please help, I want good battery life out of my iPhone 5 and the 10 hour browsing time that Apple promised.

----------

I'm sorry for the really long story, but I just wanted to explain the whole thing.

2. OzzyOzman macrumors member

The exact same happens to me. Lose 1% every couple of minutes. Hope they can release an update to fix this soon.

3. XeroAllusion thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I just lost 15% while browsing on safari for 40 minutes. It should be 10% for 1 hour or at least something close to that.