Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psycho693

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2014
So I did the test ibackupbot battery it's 487 charges then 1430 and the other was 1187

Now is that good or should it be changed?

I'm asking because I'm not sure how the battery life is supposed to be and I'm also not sure on how to charge it "properly" some people say one way and others say another. So can someone please explain what the proper way is to charge the iPhone battery?

Also what is the average battery life and usage with test results like that or even worse?

Thanks ahead of time!

And I did search for these questions but it was all for iPhone 5S and it's a different phone. Just need to be sure!

psycho693

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2014
iPhone 5 Battery Questions!

Some people say letting the phone die to 10 percent everyday is bad for the battery is this true because my phone is on 16 hours a day and depending on usage it will get that low and I don't want to have to worry about charging it

I bought this iPhone used 2 days ago and I came from android so I want to be safe rather than sorry lol

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Some people say letting the phone die to 10 percent everyday is bad for the battery is this true because my phone is on 16 hours a day and depending on usage it will get that low and I don't want to have to worry about charging it

I bought this iPhone used 2 days ago and I came from android so I want to be safe rather than sorry lol

I plug my iPhone in to charge it when I go to bed. Sometimes it's at 50% when I plug it in for the night, other times it's at 10%. Just plug it in when you go to bed at night (if the iPhone can make it through the entire day).

Once a month or so I'll drain it to 0% and charge it up to 100% without taking it off charge during that process just to make sure I'm getting the best possible reading. :)

psycho693

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2014
I plug my iPhone in to charge it when I go to bed. Sometimes it's at 50% when I plug it in for the night, other times it's at 10%. Just plug it in when you go to bed at night (if the iPhone can make it through the entire day).

Once a month or so I'll drain it to 0% and charge it up to 100% without taking it off charge during that process just to make sure I'm getting the best possible reading. :)

Thank you! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.