iPhone 5 Battery replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jbaum, Jan 26, 2014.

1. jbaum macrumors newbie

My iphone 5 no longer holds a charge for very long. I bought the applecare+ and called apple support about it. They ran a diagnostic and said the battery needs to be replaced, BUT is not a covered item under the applecare+.

The charge is $79 for battery replacement. I joked with the woman on the phone that if the phone slipped out of my hand and fell to the floor, I could get it replaced for the $49 accidental damage. She said your right.

I hate to do something like that, but the $79 battery charge doesn't seem right either.

Any advice?

2. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

That's screwed up. How can they have people buy a extended warranty for 2 years and not cover the battery ? I would of never purchased AppleCare + if I knew this ahead of time. Total bs !

3. itricks.org macrumors newbie

itricks.org

i know that many iPhone 5 were sold with battery problems. if that's the case they will change it for free. hope it helps, good luck!

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Even if you are already out of warranty? How would they know that the phone is with battery issues due to some sort of a manufacturing issue?

5. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

Batteries are explicitly covered under AppleCare+.

6. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob