iPhone 5 battery woes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MyRomeo, May 23, 2015.

1. MyRomeo macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

Hello all

ive recently bought an iPhone 5 used from a colleague who advised me it had a new battery under the recall.

Now, the reason I bought it was for a friend. I used it for a whilst until my carrier unlocked it. During this time I set it up as a new phone and it ran fine, was down to 20% or so after an 16 hour day. That's good enough for me!

Once it was unlocked I erased all content and settings before restoring my friends 5c backup to it via iTunes. This went fine but then problems started. The battery just won't hold a charge. Full at 7:30am it's below 20% by 11am.

I did a reset all settings, no difference. I've forced it to reboot, nothing. Battery usage says Facebook is using 45%+ over last 24 hours.

I'm stumped, I guess it's a bad restore. Would you recommend I get a restore from iCloud or set up as a new phone (last resort). She doesn't want to lose her stuff as a new phone setup would do.

Thanks!

2. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502

Mac-lover3

There must something be wrong with iOS on you device. Try to re-install it and set it up as a new phone, download everything form the App Store or set it back from iTunes but NOT restoring from a copy.

3. nox5 macrumors 6502

Battery usage is high right after restore. Give it few days and it should come back to normal.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Uninstall Facebook and see if it's any better.

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

If it worked fine for you but badly with her backup on it...

I would do a fresh restore and then go through the settings with a fine toothed comb. Don't forget that her previous settings will have transferred over with the backup. Also delete email accounts and Facebook, then reinstall after a reboot.

6. MyRomeo thread starter macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

Thanks. I'm going to get her to restore iOS in iTunes then restore her stuff from iCloud. She's already done a reset all settings so shouldn't be any settings carried over. Then I'll get her to give it a few days, if it's still bad I'll blame her :)