Iphone 5 battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Szjaffery, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Szjaffery macrumors newbie

Hi folks i just switched from android to iphone 5.. I am just curious about its battery life.. My old mobile give me almost 10 hours of usage... Is it my battery is good?? Never used iphone before#

App refresh is off
    I only use wifi mostly 90%
    Location is off

Anyother suggestions??

Attached Files:

2. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

Hello. You can also turn off:

* health, motion & fitness (settings ->privacy
    * location-based alerts, ads, share my location, frequent locations, everything under "product improvement" (settings->privacy->system servces)
    * notification settings for apps you don't use frequently.

3. Szjaffery thread starter macrumors newbie

4. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

Hello. I made a couple of mistakes in my post.

You're right. iPhone 5 doesn't have fitness settings.

But it has "system services" settings. Go to settings->privacy->location services. Scroll all the way down to find "system services." I apologize for mistake.

You can turn off notification settings by navigating to settings ->notification center. Scroll down to see which apps are under "include" section. You can disable notifications for apps you don't use.

5. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502

Mac-lover3

Hell that's good battery life! I have a replaced iPhone 5 because mine had a defect one that fell under the program and I get around 5-6 hours..

6. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I use an app called "Battery Doc" which displays the mAh capacity and total lifetime cycles.

I've noticed that the mAh capacity fluctuates with the phone's temperature. On a warm day, or if my phone has been in a jacket pocket awhile, the battery capacity is 1300 mAh. On a very cold day this could drop to 1100 mAh. Typical is 1200 mAh reported capacity.

7. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Seven and a half hours is pretty good. I don't think you're going to squeeze out much more.

8. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

That's pretty awesome battery life. I'm lucky to get five hours usage and 10+ hours standby before I have to charge mine.