iphone 5 bluetooth delay 5 seconds

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by watashiapple, Nov 14, 2012.

1. watashiapple macrumors newbie

Nov 14, 2012
    whenever someone called, and i answer it thru the bluetooth on my car, there's 5 second delay before i can hear the other party and before they can hear me talk. does anyone have the same problem?

and, reception is bad as well....
  2. adam044 macrumors 65816

Jan 24, 2012
    No problems here. Bad headset?
  3. satchow macrumors 6502

Jul 11, 2011
    I've noticed lag when I pair my iPhone up with my car bluetooth to play music. It's not 5 seconds, but it's noticeable.
  4. chazcron macrumors member

Aug 28, 2012
    Absolutely true for me. It lags just long enough for me that I think it has dropped back to the phone. The screen in my Subaru changes from the caller's name/number, then "BT-1 paused" then goes blank, THEN back to the caller's name/number. It also mutes during this 3 second interrruption

It used to stay on caller's name/number with no muting.

For the last month, I've hit the "answer" button again, thinking it had dropped back to the phone, but it hadn't. But now I HAVE sent it back to the phone. NOW I think the call has dropped and my Bluetooth has lost connection. The caller is hearing my muffled swearing from the phone in my pants.

Only LAST NIGHT did I figure out this sequence of events, and that it is only a IOS 6 delay bug, and that if I wait it out, it is working "correctly"

I was ready to go do battle at the dealership for a solution, even if it meant a radio swap/upgrade, even though I was pretty sure it was another IOS 6 issue.

I am so glad this is not another one of those IOS 6 issues that "only I have"

I am also confident that this will NEVER BE FIXED by Apple.