iPhone 5 brightness bug ios6 iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by lulla01, Sep 12, 2013.

1. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I have had 3 different iPhone 5's and turn auto brightness off. My screen randomly dims and brightness is all the way up. It doesn't dim all the way but the backlight dims in front of my eyes. It's very random and has happened in both iOS 6 and iOS 7 has anybody else noticed this on their phone?

2. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

I find it hard to believe nobody else is experiencing this

3. Tarrant64 macrumors member

You aren't the only one but I have no idea how to reproduce and figured it was just me. I haven't seen anyone else with the problem until now. I had an iPhone 4S before and didn't have issues until moving to an iPhone 5. Haven't thought to complain much because I haven't found consistent test cases to complain about.

(IOS6) I have problems with the autodim when returning from sleep mode. It gets "stuck" and the screen is too dark. If I put it back to sleep and immediately waken it 'usually' fixes the problem.

Now, that's with auto brightness on. With autobrightness off it's been hit or miss whether or not I have problems. I can say my theory before upgrading to IOS7 was that it had something to do with the different types of lighting. I have issues at home (some LED lighting) but not in my office. However in some public places where it's brighter than normal lighting I struggle.

(IOS7) With auto brightness on or off I haven't had much issues. I think I've been too focused on going through my apps.