iPhone 5 broke iOS 7 Redownloading

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Frenna, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Frenna macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Recently my iPhone 5's lock button stopped working and I'm currently on iOS 7 beta 6 with a registered UDID, when Apple gives me a replacement iPhone will I have to download the betas 1-6 again or can I skip straight to beta 6? Some of you might say to wait until the public release but using iOS 6 again is something I wouldn't be pleased doing.

Thanks.

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

You may skip to beta 6. Be sure to have a good backup. ;)

Edit: I should clarify. Back up your current phone, get the replacement, and restore the new phone from the backup you took. If you don't encrypt the backup you will need to put all your passwords in again.

3. Frenna thread starter macrumors newbie

So basically I back up my phone using iTunes and when I get my replacement I can just restore it using that backup and I'm good to go? Can you run me through on how to properly back up my iPhone? Thanks!

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Here's a link that describes backing up and restoring via both iTunes and iCloud. Even though I use iCloud backup, I prefer to use iTunes when I do a restore. No particular reason other than old habits die hard. I've restored using both.

5. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Just go in settings, icloud and turn everything on. Then go on your pc/mac, connect your iphone and click back up or something, my itunes' in french so I don't no the exact word.

Now you're sure to have a safe back up.