iPhone 5 bumper and Bodyguardz screenprotector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by amien, Dec 24, 2012.

1. amien macrumors member

I have the bodyguardz (BG) screenprotector for the iphone 5 with a bumper. But they seem not compatible. I think this is cause because the BG screenprotector is too thin. Too edges will move while the bumper is attachment. Which will cause space between the screenprotector and the screen. Which will result in getting dust under the screenprotector. After a month i need to remove the screenprotector because it's all messed up.

Do i need a thicker screenprotectors? any experience with a bumper and a screenprotector? brand that can be recommended?

2. Scott2345 macrumors regular

I got the same problem, I have GA on the back and my monoprice bumper make a corner come up.

3. phillip.chippin macrumors newbie

Try the Case-Friendly screen protector

Sounds to me like you bought the wrong screen protector. People that use cases need to buy the "case-friendly" screen protector. The edges don't go all the way to the edge of the screen, since many cases wrap up around the edge and then push up the screen protector. The case-friendly protector is cut back just enough to allow the case to fit on and also allow the screen to be protected without bumping into each other.

Contact our customer service dept. at BodyGuardz to take advantage of our lifetime warranty replacement program and ask if you can have the case-friendly version this time around.

Let me know if you have any problems!

- Phillip

4. amien thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply .. i contacted Bodyguardz .. and they indeed have a bumpercase friendly version..

only think is that nobody is selling them in the netherlands.. i will request a dealer at BG