iPhone 5 Bumper Case (Target)

blkonblk17

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 19, 2009
Just picked this up at my local target for $17.99

I combined this with a full ghost armor protection. I have the clear front shield and the rest of the phone including the frame are matte / frost. Enjoy the pics!!

Lee-K

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Looks amazing. Is it as grippy as the Apple one for the 4/4S?

I want something that doesn't want to slide out of my hands or slide off surfaces. The original bumper was perfect.

TrulyYuki

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
Washington
It looks good. But I can see why apple didn't manufacture them. The bottom should have been nearly completely exposed. I'd like to hear if it gets dirty like the old bumpers

Lee-K

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Just called, he said they have a white one and a black/white one?

Is there not an all black one?

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Nice.

I would love to get a white bumper, but they get dirty so quickly. :(

bpeeps

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2011
These are the exact same bumpers you can buy on Amazon or Ebay for 3 to 10 dollars. They are all made in China and sold to different companies. Target marked this up big time! Google TPU bumper, a thousand links will pop up.

appswipe

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2012
Just picked this up at my local target for $17.99

I combined this with a full ghost armor protection. I have the clear front shield and the rest of the phone including the frame are matte / frost.
Is ghost armor like invisible shield? The problem I've had with bumpers and shields is that the bumper tends to peel the edges of the shield. Does that look possible with that bumper?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
all I'm waiting for is the back and side protector before putting it on. I like the feel of it, way better than the apple bumpers.

Chris Welch

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007
New York
With a Monoprice logo on the side?

The Target/BestCase bumper is unbranded. Just picked one up. And yes, it comes in black.

----------

And yeah, like Drakestan says, volume buttons are a bit weird. Up button produces a loud click whereas down barely makes a sound. Sleep/wake button also moves around a bit more than I'd like, but what can you expect from Targets cheapo brand?

gsugolfer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2010
Georgia, USA
With a Monoprice logo on the side?

The Target/BestCase bumper is unbranded. Just picked one up. And yes, it comes in black.

----------

And yeah, like Drakestan says, volume buttons are a bit weird. Up button produces a loud click whereas down barely makes a sound. Sleep/wake button also moves around a bit more than I'd like, but what can you expect from Targets cheapo brand?
I'll try to figure out how to remove the monoprice logo and save the $14 :cool:

inaka

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
Wow, that price markup is fairly crazy.
These EXACT same bumpers on eBay are $4 shipped.

For example, here's one.

Just search for "iPhone 5 bumper white" and you'll see a bunch of buy it nows with the exact same item. They usually have free shipping from china so I get a couple since they break or get dirty after a few months. The only issue is that they take approx 2 weeks to arrive, so order early.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.