iPhone 5, Bumper or Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iMas70, Mar 20, 2013.

1. iMas70 macrumors 65816

I've been reading tons of threads here, I'm starting to go cross eyed! ;)

I like how it feels without protection but I know that it's safer to use something (that sounds so dirty! :) ). I was looking at a bunch of cases at the Apple Store the other day. Soooooo many options! Then I saw the bumpers and thought one of them might be good to go with. I want something that will protect the phone (front, back and sides) in case it's dropped or resting on a table but I don't want to increase the size of the phone much. I also want people to know that it's an iPhone 5 when they first see it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

There are tons of options that meet those criteria. It's no wonder you can't decide. Provide some criteria that will narrow it down.

3. wellok macrumors 6502

I have given up on bumpers. The Apple bumper was my "case" of choice on the 4S, and I liked it enough to repurchase when I stretched out over time. On the 5 I have tried the Spigen Linear (looked cheap and junky to me) and have the Neo Hybrid EX (liked it until it stretched out) and I'm just over it. The rigid metal ones might work, but I don't feel like monkeying around with possible signal issues or looking for good fakes and I am not willing to go with the pricy ones.

Not that I'm in love with any traditional case either, but bumpers have been especially frustrating to me because even when I like one, my preferred style with rubber/plastic combo eventually stretches. When you're talking ~$35, a case that lasts a month is not cool. I am only willing to go through that if I love something, and I have yet to find love in a 5 bumper. I curse Apple for not making them this time.

4. matneh macrumors regular

Try the Caze ThinEdge. Been happy with mine so far.

5. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

I am 100% with you, I loved the apple bumper, no one else, and now I cant find a decent bumper, no bumper fits like the apple bumpers, I dont know why apple didnt make them for the iPhone 5. I would kill for one of them for my i5 jajaaj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 65816

Something that will protect the screen and edges from shock if the phone is dropped. I'd like it to look good or just blend in and look like it's part of the phone. I don't want it to increase the size of the phone much.

7. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

You might take a look at the power support air jacket, i am using it right now, its extremely thin, it matchs the phone prettty well, and it covers all the iphone ;)

8. wxman2003 Suspended

9. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

Next week I think i will be receiving one of this, could you post some photos please?
    Thanks.

10. wxman2003 Suspended

Here you go. It has the Glas.tR on it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

Thank you very much, looks really nice ;)

12. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I have the Power Support Clear Air Jacket for my iPhone 5 and I couldnt be happier ! Doesn't even look like it has a case.

13. 9th Wonder macrumors member

9th Wonder

I have the Tech 21 Clear Mesh Case

One of the best cases I've had