iPhone 5 bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sixtafoua, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

Do you think apple will make bumpers for the iPhone 5?
    I love my iPhone 4 bumpers, and i'd be upset if they ditched the idea now that the iPhone 5 may have rounded sides.

Thoughts?

2. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

I don't think rounded edges will be a deciding factor. Rather, I think it depends on how much money apple has made on the current bumpers. Frankly it doesn't cost anywhere near $30 to make and package them and they sell well, so I'm guessing the bumpers have yielded a decent enough revenue for apple to consider an ip5 version.

3. Angel baby macrumors member

Angel baby

iPhone 5 won't have the same antenna problem...

4. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

And you know this...?

5. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Because Apple said they weren't going to implement the same antenna design in the next iPhone. Something that was said last year.

6. ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO macrumors member

even without the antenna issue, i personally think that they should just make bumpers for iPhone 5 too.!...but who knows..? if Apple doesnt make them, some big companies gonna try to make them to make some money...

7. luked14 macrumors 6502

Apple seems to be in the business of making cases/covers for iOS devices now. Mini smart covers for the iPhone 5 anyone??

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Original accessories and those from third party companies make big bucks so they ain't gonna throttle that market !

Whatever shape the iphone 5 will eventually take, will be followed by all the usual accessories.

9. ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO macrumors member

I am pretty sure apple is going to make it whether or not iphone 5 having antenna issue. apple bumper became new style case for cell phone, and other companies will try to make bumpers for the people who want them for their new iphone 5. i really want to have bumper style case on my iphone 5 even if they have more rounder design than ip4 :D

10. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

I don't know. If the rumored specs are to be beleived, it does not appear the new desigh will be very conducive to having a bumper. The bumper works well on the iPhone 4 because the front and back are nice and flat and the same size. That way it can wrap around and be stable and at the same time complement the design. I have a hard time seeing how something even remotely close can stay on the rumored design, much less look nice.

I would imagine the Vapor style metal bumpers would be similarly affected, which sucks because there was such a wide variety of cases available for the iPhone 4.

I'm guessing it will be a return to the wrap around cases like the the first three iPhones.

11. dqfayi macrumors regular

Said to be released October?:confused: i'm waiting for her coming....:)

12. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Quite possible but the iPhone accessory companies won't be very happy about it!

13. Liverpool-FC macrumors newbie

I think :apple: might go for some other kind of case like how the smart covers were introduced.

14. Archere macrumors newbie

15. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Don't we all...

That would be a much better protection solution imo. The bumper doesn't really do much to protect the majority of the phone.

16. Mcbee macrumors newbie

Bumper doesn't offer any protection at all .. just for less than 1 day and threw away

17. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

maybe a smart pouch ? similar to blackberry cases.

18. appleFIEND macrumors newbie

I dont think Ill be a fan if the 5 has rounded sides.

19. ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO macrumors member

bumper became new style of iphone case even though the original purpose of having it on was for antenna problem

20. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

bumpers were in the line-up even before the phone came out, so nope you're wrong.