iphone 5 calendar problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by suzbaird, Oct 9, 2012.

1. suzbaird macrumors newbie

I have a new iphone 5 and use google calendars exclusively. I have used the google "iphoneselect" to select the calendars I wish to sync, including a subscription on my google calendars for USA holidays. I have unchecked all calendar sync options through itunes to ical. I don't use my ical calendar on my imac at all.

So everything seems to be great BUT all of the sudden, for example yesterday
    being Columbus Day, my calendar on my iphone shows "Columbus Day" 18
    times, YES 18!

So what I have done to get it to show properly - I have turned off my
    goole calendars on my iphone under settings-accounts-gmail-calendars
    turned off. I then open my iphone calendar and all my events are gone,
    which I expect, BUT the 18 Columbus Days are still there. So I am
    thinking this can't be a google issue. I then uncheck the home calendar
    on my iphone in "Calendar" to turn it off too so there is Nothing in my
    calendar. The 19 columbus day holidays are gone. YES Gone. I then sync
    with itunes, making sure my calendar in itunes is not checked so no
    calendars sync in hopes to clear everything that even may be cashed.
    Now I go back to my settings on my iphone and add my google calendars
    and everything looks great as it should be and I am happy for the time
    being.

But then is a short time, the multiple holidays shows up again. Is there a holiday subscription on the iphone calendar that can be turned off or could this be google?

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. sigsal macrumors newbie

Google Calendars are driving me crazy on iPhone 5

I am just writing to say I have had so many problems with my iPhone 5 calendars that I never had with my iPhone 4. My "Contacts' Birthdays and Events" calendar was putting in birthdays (from my gmail contacts) in EVERY DAY! I couldn't use the calendar at all it was such a pain.

The only thing that worked for me was to try to hide all calendars and pick one at a time. I haven't hit the combination or one with the error (or maybe all my hard resets did it), but my calendar still has trouble opening and often will shut down when I opened it on my iPhone 5. Even once I get it open it's kind of glitchy and twitches and moves dates.

If you have a solution to this, PLEASE share it!

3. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

I have the same issue as the OP except mine are show up over 200 times for each holiday. This is not exclusive to my iPhone 5 though, but is also the same on my iPad 3. So, it must be a iOS issue more than an iPhone 5.

I am currently restoring both of my devices. We'll see what happens.