iPhone 5 call quality crap

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Adamfarmiloe, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Adamfarmiloe macrumors newbie

Phone: IPhone 5
    Network: 3uk
    Issues: Auto-tune/Robotic/Static calls. I can not understand what the other person is saying. Both incoming and outgoing calls. Same with 3g On or Off. Same with WIFI On or Off. Person on other end of the call seems to hear me ok/minimal issues. Any ideas guys oh my wife has one aswell and its the same:mad:

2. Vicar macrumors newbie

Unbearable call quality

I just got an iPhone 5 last night (27-Sep-12) and received a call on the way to work this morning (driving North on I-77) and I could hardly make out anything the caller was saying. Very heavy static!! :mad: This is while on Verizon 3G. My 3 year old Samsung never had these issues on the same network. I called home right after that first call and got the same loud static periodically. I avoided trucks and cars and had no radio or AC running in the car so I am at a loss of what could cause it. Just the phone, no ear-buds, etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could cause this? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

3. Adamfarmiloe thread starter macrumors newbie

I have an appointment at the apple shop in Birmingham on Thursday so lets see what happens

----------

Oh I forget to say all is fine when using my jawbone ( Bluetooth )