iPhone 5 - Camera issues - pink lines / distortion

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stevomorning, Oct 7, 2012.

1. stevomorning macrumors newbie

I've had my 5 since day 1 and yesterday noticed pink lines when taking a photo.

Today i managed to take a photo while it was happening.

Shall i book in a appointment at the apple store and get a replacement? would they replace it on the back on this photo?

Attached Files:

2. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

This is an issue I've seen before. They almost definitely will replace your phone.

3. amnesia macrumors newbie

I've got the same issue. Happens with video, photos and sometimes over the keyboard. It's a software issue for sure

4. leolion12 macrumors newbie

Iphone 5 Pink Red Lines on camera for movie or picture

Hi, I have also experienced the same problem on my White Iphone 5 32GB which I just purchased 5 days ago. It happened 3 times yesterday while trying to take a picture or movie. I had to press home button to get out. It is quite annoying. Is there a fix to this or should I just request a replacement the phone?

Is this a manufacturing issue affecting a lot more iphones or do I just have a lemon like 5 more people on the planet.

What makes it even more intriguing is the person that got a unit before me on the same day also experienced the same problem with also a White 32GB Iphone 5...

Look forward to any comments regarding this Iphone 5 Problem.

Cheers!

Attached Files: