iPhone 5 camera issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bbplayer5, Oct 24, 2012.

1. bbplayer5, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Im trying to figure out if its the phone, or just how the iPhone works. I had the flash on to illuminate the damage.

Ill give an example: I am trying to take pictures of a damage laptop for work and I used the GS3 and iPhone to get the best picture. These are the comparison shots and the best I could take with the iPhone after about 5 tries...

Sorry the pictures are so large, I kept the original size so maybe someone can figure out if its my phone or just how the iPhone is...

Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GS3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love the phone but the camera has been miserable!

----------

On a side note, pictures outside are also not quite in focus. The GS3 gets far more detail from the entire picture than the iPhone does, and im thinking its the camera. Every review I have read has the iPhone 5 being better, but I just cant see it!

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

besides the slight color difference, both cameras seem to capture the damage clearly. taking a pic with the flash of a reflective surface isnt exactly the best way to compare cameras. my iphone 5 camera is awesome at taking pics. i think your pics came out fine, although differences in the cameras sensors are obvious.

3. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ive taken numerous pictures. The iPhone image file size is 1 meg smaller, so its either compressing the picture or capturing less. It also takes pictures slightly zoomed in (captures less of the scene I am shooting). iPhone first, Gs3 second... Both pictures taken from exactly the same distance. Notice the weed in the bottom right of each photo. The iPhone seems zoomed in and has far less detail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------

Not to mention - with the pictures blown up, the GS3 takes a much larger picture. Its about an inch wider on my screen... strange.

4. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Close up pictures like this arent as apparent. Pictures taken at a distance are way farther off. Almost seems like the focus is messed up when taking a picture farther away.