iPhone 5 Camera Not Working and Poor Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPad Retina, Sep 12, 2015.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hi all,

I have a friend that has a broken iSight rear camera. It had stopped working in June. She had also replaced her battery before due to poor battery life while still in warranty. Now the battery has poor battery life again (not sure if it's due to high battery cycle) and the camera decided to go. She had also said the battery doesn't hold the charge as well, and charges faster then other iPhone 5's.

Is it possible for the battery to still be recalled. It was bought approximately September 23rd of 2012 so it still does qualify for the recall. My friend is not sure when the battery was replaced by Apple. But presumably during the warranty period.

Is it possible for the battery to short out the camera? Should the phone be replaced due to the broken camera and battery?

I've seen someone walk in to the Apple store. And receive a brand new/ refurbished unit because the battery had puffed up and destroyed the phones digitizers backlight.

Anyone had there battery replaced once while in warranty, and again from the recall.

My friend had already tried pushing the camera in. No luck. As many have said.
    Seems to be a know problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Sorry, can't help.

But shouldn't this be posted in the Archive/Vintage section?

3. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Isn't this an iPhone related matter??

4. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

The iPhone subforum isn't just for the current model. People still post about the 4S occasionally.

OP, your friend could try getting a Genius Bar appointment to have her 5 looked at (I'd recommend going before the 16th and the launch of the 6s or wait a few weeks for the hype to die down). Or it may be time to consider buying a new phone.

5. iDan187 macrumors newbie

iDan187

It's very easy to replace both the camera module and battery yourself. Make sure you source high quality replacement parts, and head on over to ifixit for a guide on getting into the phone.

Be warned that the battery issue will most likely also require the phone to be restored in iTunes - and then set up as a new iphone rather than restoring from a backup

6. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

My friend isn't that much of a tech person. No offence friend.

7. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

She said it happened after she installed snapchat. Then the camera was just black.
    She had the camera working for a second, then it stopped working again.

Any thoughts?