iphone 5 cannot factory reset

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by antros48, Mar 20, 2013.

1. antros48 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone
    I have an iphone 5, ios 6.1.2 and it is jailbroken. I tried to factory reset using the settings menu ''erase all content and settings'' but when the apple logo appears the bar beneath does not load and after a while it starts spinning like it is loading. That is just going for a very long time. I tried the hard reset (power button and home button for 10secs) to restore it at least i can enter the phone again, and after almost 5 tries the same procedure via settings it still gets stack in the spinning screen. The itunes choice is off the table cause when i try to restore it, the only choice is restore and update to ios 6.1.3, something highly undesirable..
    Any help??
    Thanks in advance

2. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

You're NEVER supposed to "erase all content and settings" while you are jailbroken. I'm pretty sure your only option is to restore with itunes.

3. antros48 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didnt know that..! Thank u for the info. Can i un-jailbreak my phone and continue the process normally? Or on the other hand can i downgrade back to ios 6.1.2 after itunes update?

4. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

Restoring in itunes with unjailbreak your device. Since you have an iPhone 5 you cannot downgrade firmware. You're going to be stuck with 6.1.3.

5. antros48 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i'll keep looking for another solution.. Thanks for your info!

6. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I'm 98% sure that is the only solution.