Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

antros48

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Hey everyone
I have an iphone 5, ios 6.1.2 and it is jailbroken. I tried to factory reset using the settings menu ''erase all content and settings'' but when the apple logo appears the bar beneath does not load and after a while it starts spinning like it is loading. That is just going for a very long time. I tried the hard reset (power button and home button for 10secs) to restore it at least i can enter the phone again, and after almost 5 tries the same procedure via settings it still gets stack in the spinning screen. The itunes choice is off the table cause when i try to restore it, the only choice is restore and update to ios 6.1.3, something highly undesirable..
Any help??
Thanks in advance

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington
Hey everyone
I have an iphone 5, ios 6.1.2 and it is jailbroken. I tried to factory reset using the settings menu ''erase all content and settings'' but when the apple logo appears the bar beneath does not load and after a while it starts spinning like it is loading. That is just going for a very long time. I tried the hard reset (power button and home button for 10secs) to restore it at least i can enter the phone again, and after almost 5 tries the same procedure via settings it still gets stack in the spinning screen. The itunes choice is off the table cause when i try to restore it, the only choice is restore and update to ios 6.1.3, something highly undesirable..
Any help??
Thanks in advance

You're NEVER supposed to "erase all content and settings" while you are jailbroken. I'm pretty sure your only option is to restore with itunes.

Comment

antros48

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
I didnt know that..! Thank u for the info. Can i un-jailbreak my phone and continue the process normally? Or on the other hand can i downgrade back to ios 6.1.2 after itunes update?

Comment

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington
I didnt know that..! Thank u for the info. Can i un-jailbreak my phone and continue the process normally? Or on the other hand can i downgrade back to ios 6.1.2 after itunes update?

Restoring in itunes with unjailbreak your device. Since you have an iPhone 5 you cannot downgrade firmware. You're going to be stuck with 6.1.3.

Comment

antros48

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Well i'll keep looking for another solution.. Thanks for your info!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.