Iphone 5 car charger?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by deone, Feb 5, 2013.

1. deone macrumors newbie

I'm in real need of a car charger. Does anyone know where I should buy one? Or what brand to look for? Thanks!

2. troy14 macrumors 6502a

I bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8J090...d=1360121307&sr=8-2&keywords=belkin+lightning

They had it at Best Buy as well, but I got it from Amazon with no tax + prime shipping.

It's expensive but the cable is black + longer than the original Apple one. I've had no problems and it charges super fast. I decided to just get a name brand, suck up the $$ and not worry about it working or breaking on me.

3. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

5. mscann macrumors member

If you are looking at a one piece charger all that I have tried do not work with any closed bottom cases. The connector tips are double the size of the oem apple lightning charger. I have checked out the belkin, ATT, and griffin. I just ordered the scosche because in pictures it looks smaller

6. deone thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone! I will check them out!

7. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I've gone through 2 Griffin Dual Jolt something or others, it has a 2nd socket to plug another cig lighter plug into.

Works awesome, then 6 months later the cable going into the dock connecter is loose and has to be at a certain angle to charge. Pain. I'm looking for just a 12V to USB plug then I'll just use the USB to iPhone cable.

8. Mellisaray macrumors regular

looks good, although it is good, but for the durability, i will choose this one.