Iphone 5 case news

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ottawaleaver, Oct 2, 2012.

1. ottawaleaver macrumors newbie

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

3. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

+$5 shipping.

Spoiler Alert! it costs less than a dollar to ship a case via USPS first class.

4. famous600 macrumors 6502a

famous600

and BOOM goes the dynamite.

5. hachiman macrumors regular

The case looks like blah. The shipping is way too expensive for something that is 1 cent. They are trying to defraud Amazon out of their money for hosting the case because they can't get anything out of 1 cent while amazon cannot take anything out of the "shipping cost".

Unless you're really cheap and desperate for a case, why spend all that money on a really nice phone just to cover it with something like that?

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Its similar to the case I just received, which humerously was $5 with free shipping. :D

I get that its a $5 case, but it fits as well as and protects better than the last $30 branded case I owned. and if it turns out I find a case I lik ebetter, well it was only $5.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You seem...personally offended by this for some reason.

8. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

I spent £23.43 on a Spigen Leather Pouch that is way too tight for the iphone 5 , it took me 5 mins to get the bloody thing out of there! not to mention when you place the iphone 5 into this case, it scrapes the chamfered edge! @$&%

Thankfully I scraped the chamfered edge of the White Iphone I am returning to Apple, so my black iphone is nice and safe. Always good to have a spare iphone 5 hanging around to test out on cases muhaha

Tonight I spent £12 on an Original Suncase Leather Pouch, which are made in Germany. I've purchased from them before for my 4S and I have to say they are amazing, I just got a little too impatient waiting for them to stock them for the 5. But they should be shipping out in the next day or so , thank goodness.

Sometimes cheaper = better, but in the OP's case, not so much

9. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Of course! :p

10. hachiman, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012

hachiman macrumors regular

Maybe I am. Sellers like that don't last very long. They're the hit-and-run type and Amazon tends to filter them out. They are the ones who usually do not stand by their product.

If the buyer needs to return the item, they would have to pay for the item to be shipped back. At this point, it's not worth the cost and effort; therefore, the item would have already been a profit.

It's their iPhone, they paid for it. How they decide to protect their investment is up to them.