iPhone 5 case suggestions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Brounmoney, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Brounmoney macrumors 6502

Ok so I switch cases on my iphone all the time. I have yet to find the perfect case for my iphone 5. At the moment I have the speck flex view case and like it pretty well. The only problem that I have with it is that it is made out of the hard rubber that is smooth on the outside which makes it easy to slip out of my hand. I am looking for a rubber case that is more soft on the outside and has more grip. Also I like case with weight. I am not a big fan of the iPhone 5 being so lite, so I can change that with the case. The speck case is 2.2 ounces I would like something like that or heavier. I would love some ideas. I have been looking at amazon but nothing has really caught my eye.

2. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

you might have more luck over in the accessories forum.

i myself am enjoying the incipio feather. has a great grip to it and it's really light. cut outs just where you need them, and the branding on it doesnt jump out which i like.

3. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

No problems with the surface coating peeling off? I've seen a lot of critical reviews on Amazon where people have been experiencing this. Bad batch of feathers??

4. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

no peeling here and been using it for 2 months.

does show the 'smeary smudge' of finger print though. nothing a damp cloth wipe down doesn't fix every week or so.

it comes with a screen protector too ( a badly cut one might i add), and a cheap plastic bendable stand thing for the phone (garbage in my opinion)

but yeah, the actual case, i dig it. i just hate bulky cases.

5. Enforce macrumors regular

Enforce

It is true. however the time taken for it to peel off varies from user to user, how its being handled etc. It happens to all "soft touch" cases. not only a particular brand.

6. macandmercedes macrumors member

Features?

What kind of protection are you looking for? Aside from the case being sleek and more grip-able, what other features are you looking for?

7. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

8. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a