iPhone 5 case with integrated stylus or stylus holder?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by i-rui, Sep 12, 2013.

1. i-rui macrumors member

I'm an illustrator and would like to do more portable sketching. I am considering getting a Samsung Note phone as it uses the integrated S pen and has Wacom technology for pressure sensitivity.

As a sketching device I'm sure it would be superior to the iPhone, but I'm not crazy about the size (to use as an actual phone) and switching to Android so I'm looking to find some kind of solution with my iPhone.

I've been trying to find an iPhone 5 case that has an integrated stylus. all I've been able to find is this case :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPhone-5-Ca...t=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item35ca06ac7c

Unfortunately the stylus looks quite poor and I'm worried eventually it will need to be replaced in which scenario I would have to buy a totally new case just for a new stylus. not a great solution.

I was also thinking perhaps I could use a flip case or wallet style case and somehow rig a way to use the stylus of my choice in there. As of yet I haven't been able to find a case that would be suitable.

Ideally the tip of the stylus would have to be protected from pocket lint, and the stylus would have to be secured so it would not become easily lost.

Has anyone on the forum faced a similar problem and found a solution they were happy with? I'd love to hear what other people have done.

2. i-rui thread starter macrumors member

3. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

There are stylus that you can put it in the headphone jack, so you can carry it on there..

4. i-rui thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I've seen those but I'm not really crazy about the idea. One problem I see is they are generally too short to draw with the other problem is the tip is still exposed to pocket lint.

thanks for the response though....