Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
California
Now that the new beautiful device was unveiled today, anybody going naked with this device to show it off or you going with a case? If so, Which case ?? :apple:

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN
I'm curious whether or not that aluminum backing is going to scratch easily. If not, I may go naked with just a bumper. Always covered up the back of my previous iPhones.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
If the aluminum is anything like the iPad, I'll probably go naked. If it is anything like the iPod touch (doubtful as it is anodized), I'll put on a case.

curtisinoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
I'm curious whether or not that aluminum backing is going to scratch easily. If not, I may go naked with just a bumper. Always covered up the back of my previous iPhones.

Wondering the same about the back . . . . . how easily will this scratch?? I'm planning on a screen protector + apple bumper

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
California
For my previous iPhones, I always went with "elago" cases. Very slim and great looking cases. But it doesn't really protect your screen though :eek:

STC1709

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
cases are overrated, they take away from the feel in your hand. Instead u carry around this big bulky thing. It's a freaking cell phone for crying out loud

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
I've handled a pre-production unit that's been in the field for a while being tested. No visible wear on the back or sides. The black anodized is more gunmetal than black too.

Nikki2

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Check out Case Mate's Barely There case. Except for the color or design on the case you cannot even tell the iPhone is in the case.

JJJosh41

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
I agree with some others. I will see how the aluminum backing stands up against scratches and decide from there. Either way a front film is always a sure thing.

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
cases are overrated, they take away from the feel in your hand. Instead u carry around this big bulky thing. It's a freaking cell phone for crying out loud

Yes it is. And one that cracks like an egg when dropped...which happens all the time with mine. Glad you're not clumsy like me.

My phone is with me 24x7. I move it into/out my pocket 100 times a day. I change hands. I'm carrying a ton of other stuff. Once in a while it falls on the floor.

Kids too. Enough said.

STC1709

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
Yes it is. And one that cracks like an egg when dropped...which happens all the time with mine. Glad you're not clumsy like me.

My phone is with me 24x7. I move it into/out my pocket 100 times a day. I change hands. I'm carrying a ton of other stuff. Once in a while it falls on the floor.

Kids too. Enough said.

I am clumsy too, mine has fallen off the treadmill 6 times landed on the actual belt and thrown against a wall

and me too

Laimbeersux

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2010
Otterbox has a Commuter case I'm interested in, but it's only pre-order. I want at least something to put on it ASAP, so we'll see.

Casemate has one called the "Tough Case" that is almost identical to the commuter. I have had both for my iPhone 4 and like the Casemate one way better because the plastic outer shell doesn't have a little lip at the top of the case that digs into your head when you press the phone into the side of your head. The other advantage of the Casemate is that it is out already. I submitted my order early this morning using the coupon code "Tough" and got it for 20% off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.