iPhone 5 cases at Target

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kalexn, Sep 18, 2012.

1. kalexn macrumors 6502

I was in Target today and went to checkout the cases. They had iPhone 5 cases but they were called "New iPhone." I took a picture of the new one next to an old one. (I was able to open the case for the new one very easily, it just popped out. The old one you had to really open it and I didn't want to mess up the packaging).

The first attachment is me comparing. Really doesn't feel like there is much difference at all. Yes, it is a little bigger but nothing that would bother you when using it.

The second attachment is just another set of cases.

Attached Files:

2. juliebee macrumors member

awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics! I love Speck cases and will head to Target tonight to see the selection!

3. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

Nice find. I went yesterday but didn't see any. I'll head up tomorrow to check again.

4. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

I was literally at Target 20 minutes ago, and I didn't see any. But thanks for posting! Bestbuy will have Case-Mate on Friday.

5. LyricalMenace macrumors member

Good to know Speck has cases already.

Will have to check out Target and see what they have.

Thanks!

6. kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

Your welcome. I honestly didn't think I was going to find anything but I decided to check it out anyway. Was glad I did. :) Belkin & Speck were the only brands I saw though.

7. juliebee macrumors member

Speck says on their facebook page that they will show them online on Friday and have them in their California store then too. Sigh... I just want to preorder my case from them. I love the Candyshell from them.

----------

did they have any candyshells from Speck?

8. kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

haha, that is weird. Maybe my Target wasn't supposed to put them out yet? Who knows. There were quite a few styles and designs though!

----------

Yup. They had quite a few. They even had the flip one. They have changed the packaging where they pop out quite easily so you can feel them.

9. JoshObra macrumors regular

I wonder if they have the Belkin reveal there now.

10. kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't remember seeing that one but I may have missed it as I was pretty surprised I was able to see all of these!

11. cdcrowell macrumors 6502

cdcrowell

12. Sb1065 macrumors member

Target cell phone salesman dude in North Austin, said Otterbox cases will be coming in on Thursday at noon, and all the other cases around 3-5pm

13. kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

The South Franklin one on Columbia Pike. Maybe they weren't supposed to put them out? haha

14. kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

There are lots of websites you can preorder an iPhone 5 case. There is a thread about it. Or are you meaning the Target website?

15. Brad02 macrumors regular

Do you happen to have the DPCI#'s for any of the cases? That would help with finding stores with stock. http://sd.site88.net/t.html

16. juliebee macrumors member

just got back from my Target. Had to make a stop there anyway and wanted to check out the cases. My Target had no cases out for the i5. I tried to find out when they would put them out, but everyone was clueless. bummer!

17. Brad02 macrumors regular

I also checked out 2 targets in my area and called 6. Only one even knew they had cases and that they were in the back being held for Friday.

18. broganana1 macrumors newbie

I love Speck cases and will head to Target tonight to see the selection!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. paulink macrumors member

Awesome, Will definitely swing by friday evening to see their selection.

20. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

FWIW, my Target said that they'd be putting them out today when I stopped in last night and asked about them. Best Buy already had a whole feature set out full of Rocketfish cases; most were snap-on or TPU. I ended up getting transparent TPU just to make sure I'd have something for Friday, as I'm leaving town immediately after getting my phone to go to a music festival on the beach.

21. kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, I guess mine just put them out ahead of time! Sorry about that. :(

22. Brad02 macrumors regular

No worries. Thanks for the heads up. Made me put Target back on my list of places to look. None of my cases I have ordered have arrived so I'll be on the look today and tomorrow.

There was a TON of empy shelf space for cases at both the 2 locations I visited and all the 4 and 4s cases were on clearance.

23. muteki99 macrumors newbie

Funny since there are no iPhone 5 cases on the speck website.

I might run by target this weekend, I have had a pixel HD from speck that I got for free with the 4 and it has been a great case.

24. JoshObra macrumors regular

I went to my local Target (SoCal) yesterday evening, found no cases.

But almost 70% of all the iPhone 4/s cases had clearance tags on them.

I'll come back either Friday or Saturday to see if they have any in stock... hopefully there won't be a flood of people looking for cases by then!

25. kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

They are now! They updated it! But I just think mine put them out early, haha.

http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-5-cases.html