iPhone 5 Cases Available Locally?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by EdwardSung, Sep 18, 2012.

1. EdwardSung macrumors regular

Has anyone found iPhone 5 cases for sale at any brick 'n' mortar retail stores? I'd love to have a cheap one for temporary use when the phone arrives, and at this point it's probably too late to rely on online vendors (without paying 2-day/overnight shipping). Thanks for any tips.

2. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I bought two bumpers from Monoprice and with what they call "Norco Next Day Shipping", the total was $15 (~$5 was the shipping). I don't know if the "Norco" thing is nationwide or just a local deal (Norco is a city near their warehouse in Rancho Cucamonga).

There's also 10% off codes for Monoprice floating around, FWIW.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=11213&cs_id=1083111&p_id=9772&seq=1&format=2

3. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Just got my otterbox defender from Verizon wireless. Ordered Monday, delivered today.. They have free 2 day FedEx on accessories...

4. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I got the 4 and 4s on release day and headed to Best Buy.

They had the 4 cases available the day before.
    Not sure about the 5.
    I will visit BB on Thursday.

How can they not have it? I guess with the so called secrecy, they gave the details to the case mfgers late.

5. EdwardSung thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info, guys. I ended up buying a couple of the cheap cases from Monoprice (with 10% off coupon code CATALOG12 -- saved NINETY FIVE CENTS YEAAAHHHHH) as temporary cases until there's more of a selection.

6. TBONE72 macrumors regular

I was at my local BB today and they had the RocketFish brand iPhone 5 cases on the floor but would not sell any of them to me. I even asked the manager and he said nope, not until Friday.

7. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

And Best Buy wonders why they're having to close stores. They won't price match competitors online (Frys does), their customer service is terrible, and they do things like this where for absolutely no reason they DISPLAY a product and for no reason restrict the sale of it. Absurd.

8. lookn4wifi macrumors regular

lookn4wifi

I've pre-ordered the iP5 and it looks as if I won't be able to get some protection on it from day one. My only other launch day Apple device was my 3GS, however since it had the same form factor as the 3G there where no issues finding cases for it.

I've pre-ordered an OtterBox Commuter which ships out on Friday (same day the phone arrives). I'm thinking I'll leave that protective film on the phone until the case delivers, and since the headphone jack is on the bottom no ports should be blocked by the film.

I was hoping to find a decent case by Friday and cancel my OB pre-order.

9. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Wow. That's one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard. What could they possibly hope to gain by doing that? Generate more foot traffic for launch day? Maybe, but those folks will already have arranged to get their phones, fellas. They're probably not your average casual shoppers. Sheesh.

10. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Well, to be fair to Best Buy.
    They want to sell their limited case stock to the customers buying iPhones from them on Friday.
    They probably make the most money on accessories, you know it ain't on the phone.

Still, they shouldn't put them out if they don't intend to sell them.

I'll stop by on Friday and see what they have.

11. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

AT&T store told me this morning they are coming in tomorrow around 10:30 am.

12. kalexn macrumors 6502

I found them at Target last night! And apparently according to other people their Targets said they would come in Thursday. Maybe mine just put them out early. :p

I am thinking most big box stores will put them out a day before so you can have one :)

13. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

I called Best Buy yesterday and they said, yes, they would have cases and screen protectors on Friday if not before.

14. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Damn, and I was totally at my SuperTarget last night, too! I might check 'em tonight, just in case. Thanks for the tip!

15. Jill1228 macrumors member

Jill1228

I will go check them out--take advantage of my employee discount :D