Iphone 5 cases eBay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Frenchjay, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Once the design is confirmed, eBay will be flooded with cases, accessories and whatnot.

3. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Yes I believe so. I have just ordered a cheap case just incase. I imagine there will be a massive influx of buyers trying to purchase cases. If there is no IPhone 5 then I've only given a small amount of money away :)

4. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Can you imagine if there isn't an iPhone 5? It'll be a disappointment for us, but a bigger loss for the case manufacturers..

5. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Could they not melt them down and recycle the material?

6. autigerMark macrumors member

autigerMark

I'm sure they could but they won't get back the money they spent making the molds and the man hours spent designing/manufacturing the cases.

7. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I agree. I guess the risk factor is involved in making these cases in high numbers based on rumours but if they are right then they will make huge profits for being the first manufacturers of the cases. I noticed a lot of the listing have a high number of availability and a lot of people have already bought some!

8. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

9. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Yes! Searching for "IPhone 5 case" brought up a lot of IPhone 4 cases and other accessories of multiples of 5 like screen protectors. The Chinese refer to iPhone generation as 4g, 5g so i guess that term is used for the cases they list :)

10. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

"iphone 5" case

Also, it shows every single case comes from 4 sellers, all from Hong Kong. I was hoping for one US seller in there, but not a chance

11. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

I seriously want to know what these case makers are thinking right now. Are they 99% confident that the iPhone 5 will be unveiled tomorrow? And I want to know what they saw, and how that prototype looked like. Here's to hoping we find out tomorrow. :)

12. kid0 macrumors member

You know.. cases were really important for me for not losing hopes on iPhone 5.
    well let's say , those chinese case manufacturers were really just basing their phones on rumours.. but seriously, case mate?
    come on, it's CASE MATE right?!

13. MallCop macrumors 6502

Man, if they do release the iPhone 5 tomorrow I wonder how much these <$1 cases would go for standing in line at the apple store if no other cases were available? 100 people in line at $10 a case would pay for my new phone.

14. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Good call :cool:

----------

This is what give some weight to the case rumours for me. Yeah sure the cheap Chinese cases were to be expected but Case Mate chimed in with theirs. I wonder if a spec sheet with the dimensions was sold to some on and they then sold that info in to others for money?

15. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

That's what the case makers are thinking too. The cases are relatively cheap to make, but sell for a lot here in the US. Meaning high profit margins. Meaning a huge incentive to get their cases out there first so that people can buy them right away from launch date. So, it seems believable that case makers would know what the next iPhone looks like based on a leak. But at the same time, it's hard to justify that the statement that they're spending "millions of dollars" producing cheap cases, since those cases are relatively cheap to make.

16. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

yea the plastic parts! But plastic is cheap they are not loosing anything. On the other hand the mold is where it gets expensive.

17. MallCop macrumors 6502

I do remember last year one US ebay seller purchased a large lot of iPod Touch 4 cases for like .20 each and was selling them for $15 each and had sold about 800 two weeks after launch.

18. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I thought that at first but now I believe it was all just mock ups made to feed into the iPhone 5 buzz bringing some of it to their site. They may not end up being real but damn were those some sexy mock ups.