iPhone 5 cases for $10 or less?

sch11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Is there anything decent in this price range? I just want something that makes the thing easier to pick up and protects it a bit from drops.

Fant

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2009
Check out the ringke slim cases on amazon ... Good reviews and $10 shipped with prime. I bought two and they are great.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Check out the ringke slim cases on amazon ... Good reviews and $10 shipped with prime. I bought two and they are great.
I have the soft version of the case you are talking about.

The case feels good and all, but after a while of holding it, it feels oily. It has a very good fit, and snaps on tight. Other than that I have no other complaints. Will stick to this till I can find a reasonable priced aluminum bumper.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
That argument is irrelevant since 90% of iPhone cases on the market are cheap to manufacture and are marked up ridiculously
I agree that the price doesn't necessarily match up with the quality of the case. Most of the time you will find the cheap cases to be exactly that - cheap cases with poor quality and fit. However, there are quite a few out there that are superb for the price. I've searched high and low for the perfect case and one of my favorites is the Noot case for $9.99. The design, fit and quality definitely keep pace with the big brands out there.

My crazy search has led me to my personal favorites - swapping back and forth between the white Noot and the Switcheasy Tones. I'm a happy camper here with these cases. And I thank the members of this forum for suggesting them.

sch11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Edit: nevermind, apparently this thing is kind of slippery.

Thanks for all the input. I'm thinking of going with this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHIaPVGeKQM

It's around $10 and I like that there's no overlay on any of the buttons and the bottom is fully exposed, so no issues with muffled or tinny sound out of the speakers.

Last edited: