iPhone 5 cases for $10 or less?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sch11, Oct 20, 2012.

1. sch11 macrumors member

Is there anything decent in this price range? I just want something that makes the thing easier to pick up and protects it a bit from drops.

2. PikachuBoobie macrumors member

look on amazon or ebay. silicon cases can be found for around 10 dollars. not sure about hard cases.

3. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

Try the Photive? Bumper on Amazon

http://amzn.to/PJtuQC

Currently rocking this with my Sticker Boy Slate Jet Black skin!

4. Fant macrumors regular

Check out the ringke slim cases on amazon ... Good reviews and $10 shipped with prime. I bought two and they are great.

5. Kisey macrumors 6502a

6. keviikev macrumors member

7. buddybd macrumors 6502

I have the soft version of the case you are talking about.

The case feels good and all, but after a while of holding it, it feels oily. It has a very good fit, and snaps on tight. Other than that I have no other complaints. Will stick to this till I can find a reasonable priced aluminum bumper.

8. batmangorden macrumors member

batmangorden

You can get bumpers from China on the dollars from ebay.

Type in "TPU cases " in ebay. Very sturdy and go on slim, well, most of them do.:D

600-800 phone with .99 apps? ^_^ lol

9. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have the Noot T5 that I bought on eBay. Slim and not a lot of fall protection but pretty well made for $9.99.

10. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

That argument is irrelevant since 90% of iPhone cases on the market are cheap to manufacture and are marked up ridiculously

11. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

12. Euro320 macrumors newbie

I use one of these on my black/slate:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Chrom...lePhonesCasesPouches&var=&hash=item4abd69a83d

Kept it looking mint condition so far even after it's slipped out of my pocket once or twice. *OUCH* :eek:

Free screen protectors were a nice bonus too!

Kind of nice to be able to swap the look of my phone - I bought the white and the black cases so it's cool being able to switch around depending on my mood.

13. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I agree that the price doesn't necessarily match up with the quality of the case. Most of the time you will find the cheap cases to be exactly that - cheap cases with poor quality and fit. However, there are quite a few out there that are superb for the price. I've searched high and low for the perfect case and one of my favorites is the Noot case for $9.99. The design, fit and quality definitely keep pace with the big brands out there.

My crazy search has led me to my personal favorites - swapping back and forth between the white Noot and the Switcheasy Tones. I'm a happy camper here with these cases. And I thank the members of this forum for suggesting them.

14. sch11, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012

sch11 thread starter macrumors member

Edit: nevermind, apparently this thing is kind of slippery.

Thanks for all the input. I'm thinking of going with this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHIaPVGeKQM

It's around $10 and I like that there's no overlay on any of the buttons and the bottom is fully exposed, so no issues with muffled or tinny sound out of the speakers.

15. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

I second the Ringke Slim case. I've been satisfied since I received it.