Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apup102

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2011
Seattle
I got my iPhone 5 yesterday after several issues (that's another story). In case you need to know, it's a white 16GB. I have AT&T, and it has worked well for me in the past. It worked perfectly on my iPhone 4.

WiFi is working very well, no problems with that. I have great cellular coverage (usually 4 or 5 bars). I noticed that I'm not getting any 4G, 3G, or even EDGE on my iPhone. Data is not working at all on my phone. I checked my settings and it says Cellular Data is ON.

Should I call AT&T? Also, if so, who can call? My dad lives 3000 miles away, and I'm on his plan but I live with my mom. Would I have to make my dad call them?

twiggy0

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
Do you have a case on?

Jokes aside, go to any apple store (or apple authorized retailer if no apple stores are around) and let them have a look. They'll be able to give you the best approach to fixing your problem.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
my buddy on at&t has noticed degrading reception and data speeds on at&t while using his 4S. lately he was getting no service in alot of locations around town that should be full service. theres apparently something going horribly wrong with the network around here at least. it caused both of us to ditch them and goto verizon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.