iPhone 5 Charging port faulty?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lewb, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Lewb macrumors member

Hello, could someone help recently my iPhone 5 will only charge if i put the charger wire at a very slight angle at first i thought it was the charger as it happened when the wire was starting to split but have tried several different chargers now official apple ones and Amazon basic one same thing with all was wondering if i keep charging an syncing with wire at an angle will this get worse? if so whats the best way to go about getting this fixed? thanks in advanced.

2. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Take it to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store

3. Lewb thread starter macrumors member

How much is that likely to cost if its not under warranty?

4. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

A hundred thousand dollars, maybe or maybe not divided by something between zero and thousand. Something in that ballpark.

Seriously though, just go and ask.

5. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Depends where you are, They might fix it for free or replace it for free. If not you'll have to pay a Out of Warranty Replacement fee.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

have you looked into the port and cleaned out whatever lint may be hiding in there, possibly causing the connection issue?

7. mikelike184 macrumors newbie

You can DIY replace a brand new charging port flex cable ribbon, this ribbon is about USD$5