Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Lewb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Hello, could someone help recently my iPhone 5 will only charge if i put the charger wire at a very slight angle at first i thought it was the charger as it happened when the wire was starting to split but have tried several different chargers now official apple ones and Amazon basic one same thing with all was wondering if i keep charging an syncing with wire at an angle will this get worse? if so whats the best way to go about getting this fixed? thanks in advanced.

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
Hello, could someone help recently my iPhone 5 will only charge if i put the charger wire at a very slight angle at first i thought it was the charger as it happened when the wire was starting to split but have tried several different chargers now official apple ones and Amazon basic one same thing with all was wondering if i keep charging an syncing with wire at an angle will this get worse? if so whats the best way to go about getting this fixed? thanks in advanced.

Take it to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
have you looked into the port and cleaned out whatever lint may be hiding in there, possibly causing the connection issue?

mikelike184

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2013
You can DIY replace a brand new charging port flex cable ribbon, this ribbon is about USD$5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.