iPhone 5 + Clear App + iCloud

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by gteech, Nov 10, 2012.

1. gteech macrumors newbie

I have Clear on my phone and am trying to sync to iCloud. I can't get it to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've already gone to the Clear site and submitted a help ticket but haven't heard anything.

Thoughts, experience?

Thanks all-
    Ginger

2. SunnyStudioNeo macrumors regular

My opinion to Clear is: it's very very cool, but it's just not that useful. It makes me feel excited for the first hour, then I realize: what if I want to give a task longer descriptions, what if I need a time or geo stamp? Clear just doesn't do it.

3. goodreds macrumors newbie

Same problem here with the iCloud sync not working. I did hear back from Realmacsoftware who've suggested the old 'turn it off and on again' trick. Unsurprisingly this hasn't made any difference whatsoever!

I've now noticed that Console is producing hang reports (Clear won't quit cleanly on the desktop either). I'm not sure if there is a problem at their end or mine but as mentioned above by SunnyStudioNeo, I'm not sure if tinkering and going back and forth with the developers is worth the time and effort. It's possible I might be asking for my first refund for an app.

I'll update if I hear anything that might help you out.

4. gteech thread starter macrumors newbie

I received an email saying that the iPhone app doesn't sync with the Cloud. The desktop version is meant for the Cloud not the phone.

HTH,
    Ginger

5. GrandPhrase macrumors 6502

Is there a limitation Apple puts to restrict location services and notifications for Clear?
    Clear should add this - would be the best reminders app easily then

6. slothinker macrumors newbie

iCloud syncing for Clear app between iPad, iPhone & Mac

After some effort I was successful at being able to automatically sync my Clear lists between my iPhone, iPad and Mac. In my case it was first necessary to delete the Clear app on the mac (after copying my lists, of course) and reinstall Clear.

Since my iCloud settings were already correct the sync'ing was automatic once I reinstalled Clear on the iPhone. It's pretty cool to have dynamic lists that can be entered anywhere and read anywhere. :D

(Before deleting the App on my iPhone it would not sync no matter what tricky technique I following [several were suggested by the apps mfg].)

I just got this going last night so if I run into any further problems I'll post my findings.