iPhone 5 commercials

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joybulb, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

I remember reading about commercials for the next iPhone, and how they might have been filming them. Seems like filming commercials would be a pretty big deal unless apple has their own in house studio. We can speculate that the reason we're seeing 4s rumors and not ip5 complete overhauled case rumors is because no one has actually seen a new styled ip5. It really only makes sense that we would have seen something concrete by now. I'm assuming that the next iPhone really will only be a spec bump. At this point I don't care, I just want to get rid of my palm centro.

2. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Well, with Apple you never know. I assume they have various ways of keeping the entire thing a secret. NDA's, various tactics, even Photoshop?

I mean, when they announced the iPhone 4, I think they had videos of people Facetiming. So obviously some people/actors had seen how this Facetime thing worked before the world got a view of it. Yet, I don't remember us knowing about anything called Facetime before the event. So the actors definitely kept their mouths shut, unless Apple sue them. ;)

3. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

Or since the whole concept was so far out of what was expected nobody believed them. If a self acclaimed actor approached you and said something far fetched about the iPhone 5 would you believe them?

4. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Video chatting over wifi was considered a far-out concept that would be completely unbelievable last summer?

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

When the iPod touch 4th gen was released, there was a video uploaded on the Apple website later on the day showing an HD footage from the iPod. When the iPod Nano 5G was released, they had sample footage of people skateboarding, ocean etc. on the Apple website. Therefore those people who recorded those videos obviously had the unreleased products. Who knows, they Apple might be shooting the video samples, and editing the usual Apple demo and the ads.

6. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

In a phone yes. For the quality presented and the user functionality yes. Why else would Apple present as followed; "We’re going to the standards bodies, starting tomorrow, and we’re going to make FaceTime an open industry standard.” – Steve Jobs

When a tech giant CEO comes out and states that this radical implementation of video conferencing from our mobile devices is going to an open industry standard, well that in its own right tells you the importance and the sheer impact that it had on the device as well as competitors throughout the industry. Nobody had it and and nobody expected it, it was that big of a statement.

7. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Wasn't video chatting on a phone already being done in other parts of the world?

And it's still not "open industry standard". I'm sure that's not only Apple's fault, but still...pointless to bring up that quote. The fact that it was (and still is) available only iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 and only on Wifi makes it not so special to me. Wait, I lied...you can also use it on iPod touch. So a little better.

Anyway...my point is...it was not sooo far out of a concept that no one would believe it. I had visions of video calling from my phone in 2002 when I bought a Sanyo SCP-5300

8. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

To you it may not have been far out of the realm, to the masses it was. For instance the retinal/iris scanning security feature rumored to be about. Not so new to you and I as well as other tech companies/advocates, but entirely new to the mass at which apple markets to. If this were implemented in the iPhone 5 (not saying that's at all going to happen) it would make waves throughout the industry because your giving this new adaptation of technology readily available to a mass audience in which majority did not at all expect. Apple consistently wants to push the envelope and when they do they like to present it with a "it's just that simple" relation to their projected audience. Just look at every Apple commercial on air right now, they all portray that exact same message. Simplicity Innovation and Elegance.

9. pchipchip macrumors regular

I still think there will be an iPhone 4S model and an iPhone 5 model. It would be a great marketing move for Apple because they would have the iPhone 4S replace (or join) the iPhone 4 as the low cost iPhone to fix the antennae problem and then the iPhone 5 would be the more expensive completely redesigned upgrade with the upgraded camera, larger screen, ect.