iPhone 5 connecting to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CD17, Aug 15, 2013.

1. CD17 macrumors newbie

Hi I upgraded today from an iPhone 4S to an iPhone 5 as the 4S was playing up & the battery was struggling to last a day, I had the 4S since it was released, so has been really good.

Anyway when I try to connect my iPhone 5 to iTunes I get a message saying

"The iPhone 5" cannot be used because it requires iTunes version 10.7 or later, go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of iTunes.

So I went to www.itunes.com selected download iTunes 11 & it is taking hours, is this normal, I mean about 6 hours so far. I have loaded almost all of my content music, photo's, apps etc through WiFi just the playlists won't load until I connect to iTunes.

Has anyone else had problems loading iTunes 11 ?

BTW love the iPhone 5 :)

2. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Nothing that long.
    It should be quick to download/upgrade.
    It's probably a PC problem but having said that I find anything iTunes related it so slow.

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

What sort of download speed are you getting from your ISP? This obviously has an enormous effect.

4. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

iTunes takes this long to download, it sucks. If you want to as of now, just backup to iCloud, and restore your iPhone 5 to that for now. Once iTunes downloads and you want to restore from a backup, you can do that if you want to.

5. emscie macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue with a new iphone. Is there any way to do the restore without iTunes. I have the Oder version of iTunes and my old Mac does not support a newer version. Since I wanna get rid of the phone, I would like to test factory unlock before putting it up for sale. Or is this not necessary if unlocked by att themselves? What do I need to do? I am a girl just growing frustrated with iphone :)