Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shmor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2014
When I plug my iphone 5 to my laptop (OS windows 7), it repeatedly and rapidly connects and disconnects. Any help?? thanks!

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
When I plug my iphone 5 to my laptop (OS windows 7), it repeatedly and rapidly connects and disconnects. Any help?? thanks!

replace lightning cable
try another computer
go to genius bar
perhaps the pins are bent or your lightning port is damaged???

i got my iPhone 5 wet!!! i bent my pins trying to get a piece of rice out! i had square trade so it was replaced. but it was disconnecting too. after i dug the rice out, it could charge! and i managed to turn off find my iPhone, before going to the genius bar! but as soon as it tried to sync or backup it disconnected.

are you running iOS 8??? or iOS 7??? is it disconnecting in iTunes, meaning it could be iTunes ?? or is it disconnecting as a external drive in explorer ??
(this only applies to iOS 7 ) in iOS 7 you should be able to browse its DCIM folder and copy pictures from the phone. you can do that to rule out if its an iTunes problem

theres a whole list of instructions on how to uninstall and reinstall iTunes. don't touch or erase your music library, but theres a lot of stuff you can do like remove mobile device helper and real deep down stuff, and reinstall iTunes to see if it helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.