iPhone 5 contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Muktaf, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Muktaf macrumors newbie

Hi guys, my contacts in my iphone are over 3000. so i decided to save or backup it on somewhere else. could you guys pls tell me how to do it? i dont wanna lose my contacts, they are very important.

and how do i get my contacts back when i finish backup it in somewhere else?

thank you and sorry if this kind of topic is already been discussed.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

icloud would be the best option. you wont lose them and they will backup/update/restore automatically.

3. Muktaf thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. Ty i'll try. i wont lose them all right? and i can get back my contacts if my iphone are broken?

4. hafr macrumors 68030

If you activate iCloud, they will be synced immediately and you won't lose them. You'll be able to retrieve them either by restoring your new phone to the iCloud backup, or by simply logging on to www.icloud.com

5. Muktaf thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it. i log in icloud and see my contacts. ty. But what if i delete all my contacts on my iphone? would it also be deleted on icloud? and how do i restore it back?

TY :)

6. hafr macrumors 68030

Yes, and by restoring your phone to a backup.

7. Muktaf thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool, thanks dude. It worked. didn't know it's that easy, i was afraid when i click turn off my contacts and delete it. I got restore back by simply click on turn on and merge. :D

8. Josapple macrumors newbie

9. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Once you port your contacts to iCloud they will not delete if you choose to delete them from your iPhone.