iphone 5 continually restarting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nickphone, Oct 16, 2014.

1. nickphone macrumors newbie

Hi, hoping someone can help me with a problem with my iphone 5. The phone shuts off and restarts every 3 1/2 minutes almost to the second without fail and also is very erratic charging showing inconsistent charge levels. I have restored in itunes from back up and installed ios 8.02 to no avail. I had a new screen fitted before this problem occurred although the charge problem had occurred briefly before and gone away. The Repair shop has tried differnt screens, charge blocks and batteries with no results and put it down to the main board. Any help would be much appreciated!

2. Frozentoast macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

Out–of–warranty repair and replacement costs from Apple:

iPhone 5: £206.44 GBP / $269 USD

Also you mentioned a problem with your battery, it may be worth checking if you are eligible for the iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program.

3. nickphone, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

nickphone thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Just tried the battery serial number and came back with not in the affected range or not the original battery.

4. Frozentoast macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

:(

If it’s feasible I would make a Genius Bar appointment and pay outright for a replacement.