Iphone 5?? Delayed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipad3g, Oct 4, 2011.

1. ipad3g macrumors member

Hello,

Ok so a few things, im thinking the iphone 5 was suppose to release, but due to something serious it got delayed. Reasons why i believe this:

-casemate released those pics of the cases by mistake. They had to have been legit.

-When apple lost that second iphone at the bar, it must have been the 5, because they said it was priceless and they had to have it back at all cost, thats why they sent their security an not the cops, i mean seriously if it was the iphone 4s, no one would be able to tell the dam difference between 4s and 4. Imagine if the pics of the 5 got leaked out, Iphone 4s sales would of been crap. So im willing to bet that iphone was the redesigned 5, but had to delay it for some reason.

-Last but not least, in iOS5 under accessibility it says you can turn on status indicator light, the 4S has no status indicator light for notifications, so that must of been a light on the 5, but they delayed it for some reason.

So those are my reasons why i think the 5 was actually supposed to launch right now, but couldn't for some reason that we will probably here about in the near future from some "reliable sources". What to do you all think?

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Can't you make the LED flash for notifications on iOS 5? Maybe they considered that the "status indicator light"...

3. ipad3g thread starter macrumors member

yea that would be stupid, led indicator lights are always on the front of the phone, not back.

4. gt198gtr macrumors newbie

I'm sold. What you're saying definitely makes sense, although given Apple's history of not doing hardware redesigns every year, the chances are somewhat bleak. I was among the disappointed when they launched the 4S - I mean, c'mon, 12 months for a new processor and a new camera (obviously there's iCloud and iOS5)?

Also keep in mind that all previous iOS launches were followed by a corresponding iPhone launch of the same number. iOS4 was released June 21, 2010 and the iPhone 4 was released June 24, 2010. So iOS4 --> iPhone4. If the the iPhone 5 is released next year, wouldn't it coincide with an iOS6 launch? That would mess up all the continuity and Apple doesn't seem to be that type of company.