iphone 5 depreciate resell value on all current phones??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marine0816, Aug 30, 2011.

1. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

I loved my Evo when it came out, but after the new phone love potion wore off I got stuck with a battery hungry phone that sometimes only last me 1 hour. I literally have to walk around with my charger hoping theres a socket nearby. From the jittery and non fluid UI I couldn't wait to switch to Verizon when the iphone 5 comes out. Now since it looks like Sprint will get the iphone 5 I will probably stay with Sprint and keep the data unlimited. But I would like to know how much you think I would get the Ev0 4G if I sell it on Ebay/Craigslist after the iphone 5 comes out. No question the resell price on current phones will depreciate on iphone 5 launch day since I know a lot people can't wait to dump their battery draining droids.

2. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I wouldn't say the iPhone itself is much of a factor in depreciation. All tech degrades in value at an insane rate, it just so happens that Apple products depreciate in value a lot slower than other manufacturers. If anything, I'd say the real cause here would be the onslaught of Android devices (and the rise of dual core mobile processors). Don't expect to get much for your EVO, it's fairly outdated now, but maybe you will get lucky :)

3. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Harvey Specter

Unfortunately, not much given the age of the evo and the fact that the battery is almost gone