iPhone 5 Died and Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by AppleNewsTech, Jun 14, 2013.

1. AppleNewsTech macrumors member

I've had the iOS 7 beta on my phone since June 10th, and have had very few issues with it. About an hour ago, the iPhone died and I got the red battery saying that the phone needed to be plugged in. I plugged it in, and it has been charging for a half hour, yet the red battery is still there when I click the home button. Do you guys think that this is an issue or I should give it some more time? Has this happened to any of you guys?

2. pugnut macrumors 6502a

What do you have it plugged into? The wall or USB? Try the wall adapter.

3. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Are you by any chance using a UDID spot bought on eBay or someother place? Or did you install without having a Dev Account?

4. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I dont know if it will help, but I've had nothing but trouble with third-party cables and chargers since ios 7.

Make absolutely sure you're charging with the cable and charger that came with the phone.

Also, I think someone in another thread said they held the power and home buttons at the same time and it started up.

5. Kenny Bond macrumors newbie

I have had the same problem with third party cables. So I traded my cables with my wife and all is great in the world.

6. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

If you get it to turn on successfully. I would suggest downgrading to iOS 6.1 (if you want) If a iOS 7 Beta 1 bug was able to do that to your phone, it can do it again or worst.

7. ByteArt macrumors newbie

Reboot while holding the volume buttons. That fixed a similar issue I had on iOS 6 beta.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

What does that do?

9. AppleNewsTech thread starter macrumors member

Fixed

Nevermind guys, the phone turn on after 40 minutes. No, I am a registered developer but thanks for help anyways!

10. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

FYI the first option has no relevance anyway.

11. killerjen95 macrumors newbie

same problem

its happening to me right now with my iphone 5. and im worried it wont turn back on soon:(

12. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'd do a reset anyway. It sounds like you may have had a process gone mad. You can pop open an xcode console to make sure all is well in cpu-ville.

13. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Yor iPhone may also be one of the first batches, known for their battery dying after a while. The same happened to mine - had to exchange it under warranty.