iPhone 5 Died and Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by AppleNewsTech, Jun 14, 2013.

1. AppleNewsTech macrumors member

Feb 28, 2012
    I've had the iOS 7 beta on my phone since June 10th, and have had very few issues with it. About an hour ago, the iPhone died and I got the red battery saying that the phone needed to be plugged in. I plugged it in, and it has been charging for a half hour, yet the red battery is still there when I click the home button. Do you guys think that this is an issue or I should give it some more time? Has this happened to any of you guys?
  2. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2007
    What do you have it plugged into? The wall or USB? Try the wall adapter.
  3. jrodsep macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2010
    Are you by any chance using a UDID spot bought on eBay or someother place? Or did you install without having a Dev Account?
  4. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Apr 11, 2007
    I dont know if it will help, but I've had nothing but trouble with third-party cables and chargers since ios 7.

Make absolutely sure you're charging with the cable and charger that came with the phone.

Also, I think someone in another thread said they held the power and home buttons at the same time and it started up.
  5. Kenny Bond macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2013
    I have had the same problem with third party cables. So I traded my cables with my wife and all is great in the world.
  6. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

Jul 6, 2012
    Kissimmee, FL
    If you get it to turn on successfully. I would suggest downgrading to iOS 6.1 (if you want) If a iOS 7 Beta 1 bug was able to do that to your phone, it can do it again or worst.
  7. ByteArt macrumors newbie

Sep 8, 2012
    Reboot while holding the volume buttons. That fixed a similar issue I had on iOS 6 beta.
  8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Oct 17, 2011
    What does that do?
  9. AppleNewsTech thread starter macrumors member

Feb 28, 2012

Nevermind guys, the phone turn on after 40 minutes. No, I am a registered developer but thanks for help anyways!
  10. Sheza macrumors 68000

Aug 14, 2010
    Croydon & London At The Same Time
    FYI the first option has no relevance anyway.
  11. killerjen95 macrumors newbie

Jan 3, 2014
    same problem

its happening to me right now with my iphone 5. and im worried it wont turn back on soon:(
  12. PNutts macrumors 601

Jul 24, 2008
    Pacific Northwest, US
    I'd do a reset anyway. It sounds like you may have had a process gone mad. You can pop open an xcode console to make sure all is well in cpu-ville.
  13. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Jun 7, 2011
    Yor iPhone may also be one of the first batches, known for their battery dying after a while. The same happened to mine - had to exchange it under warranty.