iPhone 5 dies then says no battery Life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BeachwolfMB, Jun 17, 2013.

1. BeachwolfMB macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5 will just shutdown on occasion and then will not turn back on. It says there is no battery life left. This is not true because it has around 30% left. I just plug it in for a few seconds and it boots back up with the battery percentage it had before it died. It does not do this often, and only a few times since I have had it since November. Does anyone know if this is a battery issue or a software issue, and is it a big deal or something not to worry about. Other than that the phone works Great.

Sean.

2. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

I had the same problem with my previous 4s. I did a backup and then restored via iTunes, then started working correctly again. Hope it helps

3. speeden71 macrumors newbie

Exact same problem

It used to only happen once every few weeks. Now it is happening a couple of times a week. There obviously is a problem that Apple needs to look into. Should not have to wipe the phone and reload everything.

4. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

Exact same problem here. I took it to the Apple Store and they were almost instantly able to identify it as a battery that had gone bad. I have Apple Care Plus so it was a quick 20 minute battery replacement.

Working good as new now. (If you don't happen to have Apple Care Plus, I think it was around $70-$80 for a new battery.)