iPhone 5 Digitizer and Charging Port not Working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Taurus1305, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Taurus1305 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I'm looking for help with my iPhone 5
    The other day I was trying to replace the back housing for my iphone. During battery removal, I accidentally heated it too much, it sparked and burned (the cable connecting to logic board was already removed). I proceeded with the rest of the phone.

After I put everything back together with a new battery, the charging port wasn't working, though speaker and headphone jack were functional. The digitizer was not working the screen turned on with stripes, so I unplugged the cable and plugged them back in, the screen looks perfect but digitizer was still not working.

I plugged in a brand new lcd screen, digitizer still wasn't working
    Everything else worked fine, sim card is recognized, phone still taking calls

what is causing the problem here? if I replace the logic board, would it solve the problem?

I got an iPhone 6 because of this issue lol, but I really like the iPhone 5 design, hoping to get fixed with minimal cost

Help please, thank you

2. asmith406 macrumors member

You could replace the digitzer, which I would suggest before the logic board. There is a place online, Gadget Menders, that sells them for around $60.