iPhone 5 disabled

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mhs91, Jan 4, 2014.

1. mhs91 macrumors newbie

I forgot my passcode and my iPhone 5 got disabled after too many failed attempts.
    1) It said connect to iTunes and even though I did connect it, the message stays and nothing else happens.
    2) I decided to restore a backup, but it says that Find my iPhone needs to be turned off.
    3) I went into icloud.com and removed my device and retried the restoring backup. It still says I need to turn off Find my iPhone.
    4) I turned off the phone, put it into recovery mode and tried a restore on it. Took 6 hours to download the restore but in the end still said I need to turn off Find my iPhone.
    My device is not on icloud.com anymore. I don't know what other steps I could take. Please advise.

2. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

Have you called Apple? Maybe arrange a support appoint at a local Apple store?
    It really sounds like you have done all you can and everything i would have tried anyway…..Sorry

3. mhs91 thread starter macrumors newbie

I would very much like to not pay $20 for a support call if possible. Also, I am not in the country at the moment and won't be for a couple more months.

4. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Apple won't charge you for this issue as an AppleCare support call. You may need to go to an Apple store - since I don't see how, if it's removed from iCloud.com, the phone is still activation locked (I don't think it's technically possible).