iPhone 5 disabled.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matts82, Jul 10, 2014.

1. matts82 macrumors newbie

Hi all, ok newbie here.
    Ok v bad timing, but my iphone has been disabled following entering the wrong password too many times. Now I need to get all the info off it and back it up as all the info I did have backed up I can't access as my computer hard drive has been erased along with the iphone backups and just all been installed with a new os.
    My question is the a way round the disabled screen on the iPhone and/or software to rip all the info on the iphone off to make up a back up copy?

I am running the latest iOS and it is NOT a jail broken phone.

Thanks

2. maliu macrumors 6502a

Yes, hook it up to iTunes and enter your Apple ID and password.

3. matts82 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's no good, asks me to to trust this PC which I can't do as phone is disabled. The only way I can do that is by putting it in to recovery mode and wipe all the data which I want to get off first.

4. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Then you can't. Hopefully this'll serve as a lesson to use iCloud for backups from now on.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

This is a security system Apple has used to protect a users phone incase it is lost.

If this was your lost phone and "some guy" was trying to get into it, would you not like to know that it is impossible for him to do?

6. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

At this point it is a hard lesson learned but the only thing you can do is restore as new and move on and start regular backups in your case to iCloud as previously mentioned.

7. cynics macrumors G4

Apple (like us) don't know if you are a thief trying to steal data so the make it all but impossible to get to the data.

Assuming you are the original owner all you can do is learn from this. I back up to my Mac for a full back up and iCloud for just the stuff I don't want to lose.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Doesn't the phone get disable only for a period of time? First it's just a minute or a few minutes up to about an hour, and all of that is after at least 5 if not even more incorrect password attempts. How does it get to a point where it's just disabled completely?

9. Paddle1 macrumors 68040

I can't find an iOS 7 image.
    [​IMG]

Unless you meant how they did it.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Right, more how they got it to that point essentially.